Installing Workflow Builder on Windows 7/10 62bit

Problem


Workflow Builder is many years old. Occasionally you need to re-install it (new laptop for example).
The workarounds seem to vary with each version of Windows.

Solution 


Follow this post for installation file link and the instructions.
https://windows7bugs.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/install-oracle-workflow-builder-on-windows-78-64bit/

Basically you want to make a copy of your path vriable, remove almost everything (I guess to avoid a limitation of 1000 characters), and to easily see what the installation adds. I'm not sure this is necessary unless you have a lot of things in this path.
You need to make sure that you set the compatibility of the installation program to something really old, I used XP service pack2, and I ran as admin.
If you changed your path, restore it with the extra few fields that WF has now added.
Find the WF program that has been installed and set that compatibility too. Run as admin.

Lastly, I had to go into the new registry key NLS_LANG that WF created from English UK to "AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1". I have to do this for every ORacle DB tool that I install, anyway.

Acknowledgement:

https://windows7bugs.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/install-oracle-workflow-builder-on-windows-78-64bit/


Comments